A Balanced Minister (Person)
Balanced Defined: keep or put (something) in
a steady position so that it does not fall.
These posts are ever changing
and should be used to grow in the grace of God. Being balanced minister has been rough; I can
settle the scale some days by not moving to the left or the right as scripture
says Proverbs 4:27. There were moments I
have been too religious (not spiritual) or too carnal to the point falling
short of his glory (Romans 3:23). Life
gets rough and yes, seasons of resting in the Lord is appropriate but times come
when all is well but we need to fast and pray in preparation for the next wave
in life.
I recall to your remembrance
the story of Martha and Mary (Luke 10:38-42), before their brother Lazarus dies
one (Mary) sits at the feet of Jesus, because it was needed. But Martha (Male
or Female) is distracted with much serving; you being busy is great but when with
much serving (busy work) it can lead to frustration and stress.
I mentor very few folks and I
tell them either Married or Unmarried; you know YOU and your temptation even
when it calls out to you. I recommend
staying clear, running or doing something different but not the same
routine. Here is something practical, connect
with saints and friends, go to the movies, laugh, have a great dinner or even see
a play! The same route for many US
Government members cost them their lives; and the same goes for the sons of
God. We are ‘soft targets’ if we stay on
same path that leads to evil works. So
what causes an unbalanced life; job, children, spouses, sport seasons, speaking
engagements and many of others functions in life? Are these distractions wrong, God forbid but
it should never be above the thing that is needed!
Let me close my saying this,
I learned how to balance my life by seeking Gods wisdom when I started my day. When I began to do so, I saw my days and
nights flow in such a Godly stream.
Here is a revelation; I prayed the NIGHT before; Praying in the morning
is not at 6am or even 5am; actually you are late but the day starts at
12:01am. As leaders, you need a break and you need to
work, but when you are not balanced, it will show in more ways than one.
Luke 2:52 - And Jesus kept increasing in wisdom and stature, and in
favor with God and men.
Proverbs 4:27 - Do not turn to the right or the left; keep your foot from
evil.
Romans 3:23 - For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of
God's glorious standard.
No comments:
Post a Comment