Hello Again Family and Friends,
When we first got saved we had the zeal or a passion no one can put out. The fire of God burned in our hearts to give God our all. But I learned first hand how that passion can lead to self-righteous actions as you are escalted in the Kingdom. The bible acknowledges that Pride comes before the fall and many times our claim is we NEVER see the edge of the cleft. Well not before it is too late!
Proverbs 16:18 - Pride [goeth] before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.
There are two testimonies I would like to share, the pride in me was shaped due to rejection from people in my earlier years. Yes thats right people rejected me as a child and even in my adult life. It wasnt until I found my passion in God to sing, preach and pray; man you could not have told me anything. A very long story short, I was soo prideful that my peers in church began to dislike my approach in Worship and even in the office. Well one night I had a dream, that i was in my old neighborhood, and as people came to me I began to cut everyone in sight. I was your first Kill Bill in the Spirit. Well not seeing the emphasis was on me, I woke up saying "Man, someone is going to die, I need to be praying" ROTFL, yeah I laughed later as well. I talked to my Pastor who is now my spiritual father, and he gave a blank stare and said "Pray about it and tell me what the Lord says." I was soo blind to that fact that my pride was killing others. Perhaps you do not see what is affecting others, but I assure you it is. Well some brave saints confronted me and told me of my actions and immediately I realized the dream was about me.
Testimony #2, describes a time when I was asked to minister at an 8am service, and I began to THINK I was someone or something I was not. The day was perfect but my spirit was not, I got to minister and said some of the most God-aweful things like "watch this revelation" "Im telling you God is speaking right now" and maybe some more other jacked up statements. When I thought that what I said would move the crowd, it was pure silence and my body was sweating with humility. Brothers and sisters, you study but God gives the answer to the prepared and humble servant.
Proverbs 16:1 - The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, [is] from the LORD.
If the spirit of pride is not broken over our lives, we could be killing people and not even knowing. Fight to live submitted under God and those that have rule over you, you will be honored if you abase yourself. If you are not taking the time to fast, pray and walk in the Word you could find yourself embarrassed in front of the multitude.
B'Determined
No comments:
Post a Comment